This is a bonus post! I already posted about the things I always have on hand in my fridge and pantry. This time, I’ll write about the cooking implements that are a priority in my kitchen. Don’t worry, I won’t write about every piece of equipment I own, just the ones that are my favorite for cooking!
- Cast iron pan (can’t emphasize this enough)
- Chef’s knife (this is my favorite, I can’t say enough good things about it)
- A few knives of other sizes
- Cutting boards, multiple sizes
- Cast iron pizza pan
- Dutch oven
- 3 or 4 saute pans and pots of different sizes, with lids
- Pie plate or 9×13 baking dish
- Spatula (one silicone, one flat for flipping)
- Spoon and ladle
- Pizza cutter
- Grater (my favorite is the Microplane)
- Coffee grinder
- Blender (if you’re lucky, get a Vitamix!)
- Lots of paper towels!
- Strainer and sieve
- Wet and dry measuring cups (granted I rarely measure things for cooking)
- Kitchen scale
- For the bar: cocktail shaker, spoon, muddler, wine and beer openers
- Containers for leftovers
- Teapot and tea ball
Of course there are also things you’d need for baking, eating, drinking, etc., but that varies person to person, so I won’t go there. Also it would be overwhelming.
Anything you’d like to add?